Mediterranean Tofu Veggie Kabobs paired with Fresh Tabouli
Updated: May 10
The warm weather is here so get ready for grilling season to celebrate! Nothing beats being outside enjoying some tasty kabobs. These are 100% plant-based using the star of the show, Pure Flavor Azuca Red Cherry Tomatoes.
Each kabob contains their tomatoes, tofu, green olives, red onion, and zucchini. The creamy zesty tahini sauce complements these so well while being paired with a fresh tabouli.
Who’s making these for Memorial Day weekend?!
Learn more about Pure Flavor at: www.pureflavor.com
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people servings
Cooking Level: Easy (Easy, Moderate & Difficult)
1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Azuca Red Cherry Tomatoes
1 zucchini sliced in circles and then in halves
1/2 cup of green pitted olives
1/2 of a red onion chopped up
1 block of tofu chopped up in cubes
1 box of tabouli (follow instructions on box)
1 package of skewer sticks
Tahini Sauce- 1/2 cup of tahini, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 whole lemon freshly squeezed, 2-3 tbsp of vinegar, 3 tbsp of minced garlic, chopped up handful fresh parsley, dash of red pepper, Himalayan salt, black pepper
1. Start to rinse all your vegetables and place on cutting board to chop up to similar size (this allows them to cook evenly) then set aside
2. Next, chop up the tofu into cubes and place in a heated skillet to slightly cook for 5-6 minutes with olive oil (this allows them to harden and cook better on grill)
then let cool and set aside
3. Next, form a pattern for each skewer. I started with zucchini, tomato, red onion, tofu, and olive and continued the pattern while filling each skewer to end.
4. Place all the skewers aside on pan and make your tahini sauce in a bowl and mix well. Drizzle the sauce on each one for best flavor.
5. Heat up your grill and place the skewers on and cook 5-6 minutes on each side. (Check the first three minutes to make sure it’s not burning too much)
6. Place your cooked tabouli (follow instructions on package) on plate and add 3-4 skewers on top with additional sauce drizzle and olive oil. Dig in!